Pam de Groot
In the Hat workshop we will create a hat using the resist method.
This is the main method used to create pocket items such as bags, clothing and sculpture.
Participants will create their own template in the shape of their hat.
- Byo Lunch, morning tea provided.
- Hat block if you have one. Don’t worry if you don’t.
- Medium piece of bubble wrap approx 700mmx1m.
- Thin plastic 2x bubble size, old sheet (may get torn up)
- 300g wool tops(sliver). Varying colours, have more of one colour, this will be your base. (This is more than you will need but it gives you choice.) I will have some you can purchase on the day if you like. You can email me for suppliers as well.
- Soap of choice, small ice cream container
- Selection of fibres to add in. ie silk top, mohair, silk hankies, spun wool, silk fabric, muslin etc.
I will have some fibres you can purchase on the day if you need.
- Bring a couple of old towels
- Paper and pencils, tape measure, permanent texta
Sunday April 7th 9.30am-5.00pm
- $85 per day, per person plus any materials.(silk fabric and any extra fibres)
- 7 Charles St Lawson
- Ph 47591618 or 0410 094653 email firstname.lastname@example.org