The Sydney Craft and Quilt Fair is on this year July 9-13 at a new venue, Sydney Exhibition Centre at Glebe Island.
Some quilters have been asking about the new venue and how it will work. Here’s the latest from Expertise Events:
News on Darling Harbour Redevelopment
In 2014 Expertise Events will be moving their events previously held at Darling Harbour to the NEW Sydney Expo site at Glebe Island whilst the Sydney Convention and Exhibition Centre is redeveloped over the next three years.
The specially designed temporary venue at Glebe Island will allow us to create a whole new opportunity to deliver our events in a brand new premium harbourside setting!
There is some great news for visitors; who will have the option of free public transport from various city locations, loads more parking onsite and it will be cheaper!
- The new venue is just 5.6km from the existing Darling Harbour centre.
- Only 5.8km from Central Station or a short 7 minute taxi ride from George Street.
- Ferry and River Cat services drop off at the centre door.
- Buses will operate from set transport hubs around the city: Central, Town Hall, Circular Quay and Darling Harbour.
- There will be an array of restaurants and pop-up cafes on site.
I can’t wait to see the new venue.